WHAT WE DO
- Counseling/Mentoring programs that pairs pre-medical students with medical students.
- Our mentors and mentees become part of a dynamic group of Latino students that are familiar with the challenges of enrollment in college and/or medical school.
- Provide access to programs and services to assists undergrads; including the intricacies of medical school application process, curriculum planning, and interviews and MCAT preparation.
- Community service opportunities: Health fairs and Community outreach programs.
- Notification of scholarship programs, chapter meetings, annual conferences addressing issues specific to pre-medical and the Latino community at large.
For more information on how you can become a mentee, please contact your local LMSA chapter.
LMSA West runs various campaigns annually to create awareness of legislation and policies affecting our community on local and national levels.